Full telephone numbers of speech people are +420 5 4114 xxxx, where xxxx is the four-digit extension. All speech offices are located on the 2nd floor of the “L” building of the Faculty of Information Technology of BUT, see floor plan. To find your way to us, use the VGS-IT directions page.
* Petr Motlíček also holds a research scientist position at IDIAP Research Institute.
** Petr Schwarz is also the CEO of Phonexia.
*** Pavel Smrž is also heading the Knowledge Technology Research Group at FIT BUT.
**** Igor Szöke is also the CEO of ReplayWell.
***** Hossein is an Assistant Professor at Amirkabir University of Technology but still cooperating with our group.
- Karel Veselý, 2018, Semi-Supervised Training of Deep Neural Networks for Speech Recognition. Karel is senior researcher at BUT Speech@FIT and technical advisor in SoapBox Labs.
- Mirko Hannemann, 2016, Finite-state based recognition networks for forward-backward speech decoding. Mirko is a research staff member in the Siri Speech team at Apple.
- Oldřich Plchot, 2014, Extensions to Probabilistic Linear Discriminant Analysis for Speaker Recognition. Olda is is senior researcher at BUT Speech@FIT.
- Michal Fapšo, 2014, Query-by-Example Spoken Term Detection. Michal is with Escape Motions.
- Mehdi Soufifar, 2014, Subspace Modeling of Discrete features for Language Recognition (thesis co-supervised by Lukas Burget and defended at Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway). Mehdi is with Companybook.
- Ondřej Glembek, 2012, Optimization of Gaussian Mixture Subspace Models and Related Scoring Algorithms in Speaker Verification. Ondra is senior researcher at BUT Speech@FIT.
- Tomáš Mikolov, 2012, Statistical language models based on neural networks. Tom is research scientist at Facebook AI Research.
- Marcel Kockmann, 2012, Subspace Modeling of Prosodic Features for Speaker Verification. Marcel is with Voicetrust.
- Igor Szöke, 2010, Hybrid word-subword spoken term detection. Igi is senior researcher at BUT Speech@FIT and the CEO of ReplayWell.
- Petr Schwarz, 2009, Phoneme recognition based on long temporal context. Petr is the CEO of Phonexia.
- Pavel Matějka, 2009, Phonotactic and acoustic language recognition (defended at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication). Pavel is senior researcher at BUT Speech@FIT.
- Ilya Oparin, 2008, Language models for automatic speech recognition of inflectional languages (defended at the University of West Bohemia, Faculty of Applied Sciences). Ilya is a manager at the Siri Speech team at Apple.
- Martin Karafiát, 2008, Study of Linear Transformations Applied to Training of Cross-Domain Adapted Large Vocabulary Continuous Speech Recognition Systems. Martin is senior researcher at BUT Speech@FIT.
- František Grézl, 2007, TRAP-based probabilistic features for automatic speech recognition. Franta is senior researcher at BUT Speech@FIT.
- Lukáš Burget, 2004, Complementarity of Speech Recognition Systems and System Combination. Lukáš is the research director of BUT Speech@FIT.
- Petr Motlíček, 2003, Modeling of Spectra and Temporal Trajectories in Speech Processing. Petr is research scientist at IDIAP research institute.
Past employees and long-term visitors
- Beltran Labrador 2019-20, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Shuai Wang 2018-19, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Radek Fér 2011-2017, Radek is with Seznam.cz.
- Xiaowei Jiang, 2016, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Harish Mallidi, 2015, Johns Hopkins University
- Ruizhi Li, 2015, Johns Hopkins University
- Marelie Davel, Charl van Heerden and Neil Taylor, 2015, Northwest University
- Alicia Lozano, 2014, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid
- Vijayaditya Peddinti and Matthew Maciejewski, 2015, Johns Hopkins University
- Su Zhu, 2014-2015, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Mireia Diez Sánchez, 2013, University of the Basque Country
- Tetsuji Ogawa, 2014 and 2015, Waseda University
- Shakti Rath, 2011-2013, IIT Madras, funded by South-Moravian SomoPro program. Shakti is with the Institute for Infocomm Research in Singapore.
- Luis Fernando D’Haro 2011-2012, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Yonatan Vaizman 2010, Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Yonatan is with the University of South California in San Diego.
- Doris Baum, 2010, Fraunhofer Institute for Intelligent Analysis and Information Systems
- David Martinez, 2010, University of Zaragoza
- Christopher McCool, 2010, IDIAP. Chris is with Australian Centre of Excellence for Robotics Vision (ACRV).
- Jesús Villalba López, 2009, University of Zaragoza. Jesus is with Cirrus Logic.